Bentley Court HOA Meeting
Meeting held at home of Greg Mills
Minutes recorded by Margot Diersen
Call to Order
Mills called the meeting to order at 4:30p.
Officers: Greg Mills, President, Ron Polus, Vice President, Craig Eich, Treasurer & Margot Diersen, Secretary
Residents: Dave Diersen, Liz Eaton, Gayle Johnson, Steve Johnson, Henry Malone & Joanie Meyer,
Minutes for 7.30.17 meeting approved by acclamation.
Mills has worked with PayPal to provide Bentley Court with a business account which will allow for paperless payments. Additional info on using this option will be provided within the 2017 invoices.
Eich reported that the HOA current bank balance is $8,649.76 with an expectation of an additional $5,900 when 2017 dues are paid.
The financial report was approved by acclamation
- Motion by M. Diersen to create and support an HOA Document Advisory Committee chaired by Liz Eaton and assisted by S. Johnson, J. Meyer and R. Polus. The committee’s task is to review HOA documents (Bylaws, Covenants, other pertaining documents) and report recommended changes to the HOA BOD. There have been updates over the years, according to the BOD minutes, that have not been recorded and legal advice is needed to determine their legitimacy. Motion seconded by Mills, approved.
- Motion by S. Johnson for Mills to make arrangements for installation of solar lighting along the front fence line, as well as installation of a bench for seating (primarily for students waiting for the school bus), and a live stream video camera (to be accessed only by residents) to monitor the front entrance 24/7. Motion seconded by Meyer, approved.
- Motion by Mills to contract the repair of the front exterior fence where it is leaning due to deteriorating fence posts. Motion seconded by M. Diersen, approved.
- A lengthy discussion was held regarding the bylaws and covenants including the occasional lack of adherence over the years. It was decided to take steps to educate residents who are currently out of compliance and to encourage them to make needed changes. This discussion also led to the formation of the HOA Document Advisory Committee.
- A discussion was held regarding the advantage of having an attorney who is well-versed in the complexities of an HOA. It was decided to start with asking the City Recorder which local attorneys he/she recommends. It was not decided to change attorneys but rather to look into the possibility of a change.
- A discussion was held regarding the retaining wall and its stability. It was suggested that an insurance company provide us with a quote for its coverage. Mills requested that Eich provide him with a copy of both the HOA and BOD insurance documents.
- Mills provided considerable information regarding various digital enhancements for homes that would provide top-of-the-line security.
- A lengthy discussion was held regarding voting proxies and the various hurdles they entail. Again, the need for the HOA Document Advisory Committee.
- Mills suggested adding information on our BentleyCourt.Wordpress.com page wherein residents could provide referrals for various contractors/businesses whom they have personally employed. This could include roofers, house cleaners, caterers, handyman, babysitters, etc.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:30p on motion by Polus seconded by Eich, approved.